Friday, January 16, 2009

with hardship, comes ease.

this morning ill be going through something that seems to be the culmination of all that ive been going through these past months. i have to go to court and face the music over some issues caused by my ex husbands extended "vacation". im very nervous and for the past few days have felt a great deal of stress build up as i headed toward this day......i pray that the people whom i love will forgive me for being impatient, snappy and just basically bitchy at times. ive prayed that things will turn out well but i realize, too, that sometimes even the most sorrowful of situations turn into blessings.



i think daily of surah (chapter) 94 from the Qur'an



94:1 Alam nashrah laka sadraka

94:2 WawadaAAna AAanka wizraka

94:3 Allathee anqada thahraka

94:4 WarafaAAna laka thikraka

94:5 Fa-inna maAAa alAAusri yusran

94:6 Inna maAAa alAAusri yusran

94:7 Fa-itha faraghta fainsab

94:8 Wa-ila rabbika fairghab



the meaning of this surah is such

94:1
Have We not expanded thee thy breast?


94:2
And removed from thee thy burden


94:3
The which did gall thy back?-


94:4
And raised high the esteem (in which) thou (art held)?


94:5
So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:


94:6
Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.


94:7
Therefore, when thou art free (from thine immediate task), still labour hard,


94:8
And to thy Lord turn (all) thy attention.



these verses give me hope and allow me to know that at some point down the road there will be ease and relief and this is what keeps me going.



alhamdulillah and thank you Elji for being my ease on earth!

3 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Jana. I hope things went OK for you on Friday (God Willing).

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jana,

    I have just spendt the day reading your blog and just wanted to send you a thank you and my best wishes to you and yours. You gave me lots of food for though, laughs, tears, perspective and I will probably think of you and many things you have written for some time.

    Wishing you peace, contentment, happiness and stability in this new year of ours.

    Hugs from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. karen of course i know youre always thinking of me!!! same here.

    kafira, im happy that my poor little blog offered something for someone out there!! and those things that you wished for me? how i wish too. thank you!

    ReplyDelete