Friday, April 4, 2008

ok NOT off to mississippi

yep she changed her mind but thats ok. thats her right. im just happy that she didnt change it after we had started driving. i was dreading the drive anyway. did i mention that i hate long distance driving?

so we just sat together today....watching her game shows on the gameshownetwork. i went out and bought her some new t shirts in bright sunny colors to brighten her mood up a bit.

did i mention that she uses my liquid laundry detergent like there is no tomorrow? lol she does. and i have OCD about using too much liquid. i used to stand over my teens to see how much they were putting in each load. so today i bought her some tide powder with a scoop in it. maybe that'll work out better for her. in the meantime? my liquid tide is hidden in the cupboards lol.

we stood together at the back window watching the birds at our birdfeeder and the squirrels eating the peanuts and sunflower seeds that i put out for them.

i try to remind myself to cherish a moment like this..........one day it will just be her memory beside me.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't get your vacation Jana. Hopefully things will go ok with her while you're working so the stress won't be too much.

    It's lovely that your mom can still do some things to help you out.. even if what she does and how she does it might make you a bit crazy.. LOL. You are smart however to hide the expensive detergent. :)

    I'm glad that you can see the positives of sharing time with your mother in her declining years.. and just enjoy each other's company. I wish I was more like you in that way. Not that I don't appreciate my mother being around.. my patience gets a bit short and I feel I'm not as thankful as I should be after having to repeat myself for the fifth time. Thanks for that last statement re cherishing these moments.. you're so right.. too soon we won't have them with us any longer. It is a good reminder for me.

    Lord please grant me patience.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete